All Temp Jobs and Assignments will be created and administered in TempBuddy as your workforce management system.
When a Candidate is booked into a shift in TempBuddy an Assignment record is created. This in turn will create a ‘Read Only’ Temp Shift Assignment record in Adapt, linked to the Client, Contact and Job. Corresponding Shift records, Client RTDs and a 'Rate Matrix'will also be created.
Important: This is a one-way event from TempBuddy to Adapt. No Temp Shift Assignments created in Adapt will be passed to TempBuddy.
The Assignment record in Adapt is for reporting and payroll purposes only. No Adapt fields can be updated and therefore no updates passed to TempBuddy.
Warning messages have been put in place to prevent the user from making changes to these records in Adapt:
The Temp Placements value in the KPI’s will be increased by 1 and a Journal entry created against the User and Assignment records: Assignment automatically created/updated from Temp Buddy.
Any activities such as unbooking workers, creating additional shifts etc. should be completed in TempBuddy.
Assignment Creation and Updates - TempBuddy
Assigning Candidates and Assignment Management should be done in TempBuddy. Recruiters can create or update Assignments in TempBuddy by booking a Candidate into a Shift:
Corresponding Assignment and Shift records will be created or updated in Adapt:
Adapt Assignments Notes
1. Updates to the Start Date, End Date and End Time in an Assignment's Shifts in Tempbuddy will be reflected in the corresponding Adapt Assignment record (shown on the Details page). The Adapt Check-In Date is also updated accordingly.
2. Candidate Unavailability must be logged in TempBuddy. This will NOT be reflected on the Candidate record in Adapt, however the Candidate’s Adapt calendar will be updated with booked shifts.
3. The following fields will be set accordingly in Adapt:
- Candidate’s Status
- Job Status and Dates
- AWR Clocks
4. The Timesheet authoriser on the timesheet page in Adapt is populated with the TempBuddy contact set as the authoriser.
5. The assignment forecasted values are calculated from all shifts and updated on the Adapt Assignment record.
6. If the TempBuddy job Category does not match any Adapt Job Categories, a new Rate Matrix is created and the TempBuddy Category will be displayed in the Integration Custom Attributes box on the Job Details page in Adapt. Note: This value can be searched using the Search Word section of searches. If the TempBuddy job Category matches an Adapt Job Category, it will be mapped across to Primary Job Category and the Rate Matrix named accordingly. Note: If the Rate Matrix already exists in Adapt, then it is checked and updated with the current values.
7. The owning Consultant of the Assignment in Adapt is taken from the Owner of the TempBuddy Assignment (which is inherited from the corresponding Job). The Owning Team, Office and Region of the Job in Adapt is taken from the hierarchy of the owning Consultant. Note: This field is only updated if the Adapt Employee ID matches the TempBuddy External Ref.
7. The activity Request Received on the AWR page in Adapt can be run for all Tempbuddy generated Temp Assignments:
8. Batch actions run in Adapt on Job and Assignment records created from TempBuddy will complete, but a fail report will be created listing any results that have been excluded from the action:
Cancelling an Assignment
When an Assignment is cancelled in TempBuddy the corresponding Assignment in Adapt is set to Unbooked, and all Shifts are removed. If the cancelled TempBuddy Assignment is re-assigned, the new Assignment will be created in Adapt.
Cancel the Assignment in TempBuddy by using the 'x':