This section deals with the creation and management of Candidates:
To ensure they are fully compliant and active before going into your Workforce Management System (TempBuddy), we recommend Candidates are created in the Adapt CRM.
Updates to the Candidate record can be done in either Adapt or TempBuddy and changes will be reflected in the other (see the Candidate Updates – Adapt or Candidate Updates – TempBuddy sections for details on which fields will be updated).
We recommend a Candidate’s Compliance and Onboarding checks are created prior to making the Candidate ‘Active’ in Adapt. We also recommended any administration of Compliance items continues to take place in Adapt.
When a Candidate’s compliant status changes in Adapt, it will be reflected in TempBuddy (see the Removing/Updating existing Compliance Items in Adapt section below).
Creating New Candidates - Adapt
When creating a Candidate in Adapt, we recommend the following information is completed, if available:
Once the Candidate has been confirmed and created, the user should add the required Compliance Items/Packages in Adapt before making the Candidate ‘Active’.
Adding Compliance Items - Adapt
Navigate to the Compliance & Onboarding page of the Candidate record and use Assign Item or Assign Package to add items (see the Compliance and Onboarding in Adaptarticles for more details on Compliance).
In the following example, 3 Compliance Items have been added to a Candidate, but are currently ‘Incomplete’ and as 2 of the Items are ‘Required’ the Candidate is not currently compliant:
When each item has been completed, the user needs to select the Item and use Update Item to changes the status to Complete. An Expiry Date can be added at this point.
When all allocated Onboarding Request Items with a ‘Hire Requirement’ of Required have an ‘Item Status’ of Complete, a tick will appear in the Required Checks Complete? box at the top of the page. This will ensure the Candidate has a status of ‘Available’ when it is created in TempBuddy. Note: If the Candidate does not have its required checks completed, then it will be created in TempBuddy with a status of Unavailable.
Each Required, Complete Onboarding Request Item is checked for an Expiry Date in Adapt and if one exists, the Compliant Until date field at the top of the screen is populated with the expiry date that is the soonest:
Note: If the Candidate has a Compliant Until date, it will be created in TempBuddy with a status of Available Until with the Compliant Until date alongside.
Important Note: Candidates must have their Compliance & Onboarding Items created and completed in Adapt prior to being made ‘Active’, otherwise they will be created in TempBuddy with a status of ‘Available’ inferring they are compliant when no checks have been done.
Creation of the Candidate in TempBuddy
Once all the Candidate information is complete in Adapt, the user is ready to update their status to Active. When a Candidate with a role type of Temp in Adapt has its status changed to Active, it will be created in TempBuddy. Activities that can change the Candidate status to Active are as follows:
1. Running the Change Status activity from the General section of the Activities menu:
2. Running the Add Role activity from the General section of the Activities menu and ticking the Temporary Candidate role then selecting Confirm (on a Candidate with a status of Active where the previous role was not Temporary Candidate):
Once the status has been changed to Active in Adapt, the record is created in TempBuddy:
The following fields will be populated in TempBuddy from Adapt:
Note: All Adapt Skills are copied to the Custom Attributes section in TempBuddy as part of the Data Transfer process. These can be manually selected in either system but will not be copied across so should be done in both.
Important Note: *Mandatory field* – Where these fields are empty on the Adapt Candidate record, the record will NOT be created in TempBuddy.
Candidate Creation Notes
- A Candidate is automatically imported from BroadBean into Adapt with a status of Active, meaning it will immediately be created in TempBuddy. When this happens, the user will need to Assign any ‘Required’ compliance items, then Update the ‘Required’ items to ensure the compliant status of the Candidate is correct in TempBuddy.
- When importing a Temporary Candidate using CV Import, users should leave the status as Registration Incomplete until they have followed the steps above to make the Candidate compliant, before updating their status to Active.
- If the user chooses to create the Candidate in TempBuddy using Add New Candidate, it will automatically be created with a status of ‘Available’ by default (although this can be edited) and will appear in Adapt with a status of ‘Active’. This is not recommended however as the Candidate will not be considered compliant. If Onboarding Request Items are subsequently assigned to this Candidate in Adapt that are ‘Required’ and ‘Incomplete’, this will NOT update the status on TempBuddy to ‘Unavailable’. When this happens, the user will need to Assign any ‘required’ compliance items, then Update the ‘Required’ items to ensure the compliant status of the Candidate is correct in TempBuddy (see the Removing/Updating existing Compliance Items in Adapt section below).
- If the Candidate already exists in TempBuddy, any differences from the Adapt record will be updated in TempBuddy.
Candidate Updates - Adapt
When a Candidate record is updated in Adapt, any field changes may be reflected in the corresponding TempBuddy record. Activities that can update Adapt fields are as follows:
1. Running the Candidate Change Address activity from the Profile page of the Candidate record:
2. Fields updated when using Edit mode then Save on the Candidate Profile page:
3. Fields updated when using Edit mode then Save on the Candidate Contact page:
4. Fields updated when using Edit mode then Save on the Candidate Payroll page:
5. Running the Convert to Non-PAYE activity run from the Payroll page of the Candidate record:
Note: If the Candidate already exists in TempBuddy (regardless of status), the Candidate will be updated, if it does not exist, it will be created if the Candidate has a status of Active and a role of Temp in Adapt.
The following fields will be updated in TempBuddy from Adapt when the Candidate is updated using one of the listed activities:
Important Note: *Mandatory field* – Where these fields are empty on the Adapt Candidate database, the record will NOT be created in TempBuddy as they are considered mandatory.
Removing/Updating existing Compliance Items in Adapt
Users may update or remove existing compliance Items in Adapt on a Candidate that is already Active, perhaps due to new rules or because items have expired.
Using Update Item or Remove Item to change compliance items can potentially change the Required Checks Complete? flag and the Compliant Until date visible on the Compliance & Onboarding page in Adapt. This in turn will update the compliance status of the Candidate in TempBuddy.
Compliance status changes can occur in TempBuddy when the following activities are done on the Compliance & Onboarding page in Adapt:
- The Update Item activity is used to set the Item Status to Complete
- The Update Item activity is used to set the Item Status to Incomplete
- The Update Item activity is used to set an Expiry Date on a Completed Item
- The Remove Item activity is used
Note: Compliance status changes can also occur in TempBuddy when 2 Candidate's are merged in Adapt using the Candidate Merge tool. Because copied Compliance Items may be out of date, Adapt will re-check the status and expiry of all Compliance Items on the merged Candidate, and will in turn update the corresponding TempBuddy record.
The following fields will be updated in TempBuddy from Adapt when the Candidate Compliance is updated as listed above:
Important Note: If a Candidate is made Active in Adapt without any compliance items, and compliance items are subsequently added/assigned to this Candidate, the Candidate status in TempBuddy will NOT be updated. That will only happen when the compliance Item is updated as explained above.
Candidate Updates in TempBuddy
When a Candidate record is updated in TempBuddy, any field changes may be reflected in the corresponding Adapt record. Activities that can update TempBuddy fields are as follows:
1. A Recruiter editing the Candidate details. Note: Field changes that will NOT update Adapt are as follows:
- GDPR related fields
- Changing Billing method to Umbrella Company
- VAT Details (Umbrella. Comp.)
- All Company Details (Umbrella. Comp.)
- All Bank Details (Umbrella. Comp)
2. Updates to the Candidate details by Candidates using the TempBuddy app.
The following fields will be updated in Adapt from TempBuddy when the Candidate is updated using one of the listed activities:
Note: When Adapt accepts the TempBuddy postcode, it will validate it in the same way all postcodes are validated within Adapt.
Note: If a Candidate NI Number is updated in TempBuddy, Adapt will only update the NI No of the corresponding Candidate in Adapt if the field is empty.
A Candidate can be identified as a potential duplicate in Adapt. In this case a new record is not created but the existing candidate is updated. Duplicate check rules are currently as follows:
- If a Candidate with the same TempBuddy Reference already exists in the system, it is defined as a duplicate.
- If a Candidate with the same Full name, Phone (Mobile/Home/Work) and Email (Home/Work) already exists in the system, it is defined as a duplicate.
If there is more than one potential duplicate, a new Candidate record is created. Potential duplicates can be found on the existing Duplicates page in Adapt.