- The 'Contact at work' flag will be defaulted to No on Candidate creation. It can be updated in Edit mode on the Contact page. Users can also save a Candidate's work email address here using Email (W) if required.
- If the 'Contact at Work' flag is No or empty and a Candidate Work email address exists, the Email Address drop-down will NOT be populated with both addresses. Only the Home email address will be loaded for selection.
- If the 'Contact at Work' flag is Yes, the Email Address drop-down will be populated with both the Work (if available) and Home email addresses for the user to choose.
- For Candidate 'batch' workflows, only the Candidate's Home email address will be used, regardless of what the 'Contact at Work' flag is set to. If the Home email address field is empty, the Candidate will go to a 'failed validation' report.
- When using the Send Email activity, the Email Address drop-down will be populated with both Work and Home email addresses (if available) for the user to choose.
- For Contact 'batch' workflows, only the Contact’s Work email address will be used. If the Work email address field is empty, the Contact goes to a 'failed validation' report.
Studio activity Updates
Where the Send Email activity can be launched from a studio widget to send an email to a Candidate or a Contact, the following logic will apply.
- For Contact emails, both email addresses will be populated for selection, if they exist.
- For Candidate emails, the home email address will be populated by default. In addition, the work email address (if it exists) will be populated for selection if the Contact at Work flag is set to Yes.
The default role will be used to determine which email address to use if the person has dual roles of Contact and Candidate.
The Lead Job Send Email workflow allows users to choose from the drop-down list of all Contacts (as Leads do not need to have a contact). The user can choose which of the Contact's email addresses to use, although the Work email address will be loaded by default.