Enable override on Batch Eshots for Candidates
The Adapt system sets automatic opt-out on Eshots due to GDPR compliance, meaning the fields Eshot and Can SMS? are set to No by default on a person record. To allow greater flexibility, users can choose to over-ride the automatic opt-out when sending Batch Eshots to Candidates.
There is a setting on the GDPR Settings page in the Adapt Manager and Administrator profiles called Enable override on Batch Eshots. Note: It will be set to No by default:
If this field is set to Yes, when sending a Batch Eshot on the following batch workflows
- Acknowledge CV on Candidate search results
- Candidates Consent/Permission on Candidate search results
- Candidate Eshot on Candidate search results
users will be asked if they wish to override the preferences of any Candidates who have their Eshot preference set to No:
If Yes is selected, a mandatory reason should be entered and will be written to the Journal record. The Eshot will be sent to all valid Candidates regardless of their Eshot field setting.
If No is selected, the Eshot will only be sent to those Candidate who have their Eshot field set to Yes.
Note: This will NOT update the Eshot field of individuals; they remain as is.
If you don't have access to this setting, please ask your Erecruit representative to set it for you.
Other Eshot Settings
- If a person has a dual role of Candidate and Contact and a Candidate Eshot is sent, the system will not use Work Email address (the contact at work flag is ignored in this situation) when no Home Email address exists. Instead, these people will be added to the failure report.
- If a person has a dual role of Candidate and Contact and a Contact Eshot is sent, the system will not use the Home Email address when no Work Email address exists (the contact at work flag is ignored in this situation). Instead, these people will be added to the failure report.