Setting up Internet Explorer
Switching off pop-ups
Adapt opens in a pop-up window, and uses pop-up windows throughout the application. You will need to ensure any “pop-up blockers” are turned off when using Adapt. Please note, that some toolbars also block pop-ups and therefore it may be necessary to change the settings of these toolbars.
- Open your internet browser. Click on the Tools menu (use Alt within IE to show the menus) and select ‘Internet Options’ from the menu.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and un-tick the option to ‘Turn on Pop-up Blocker’.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ to close this window.
Adapt must be added to your trusted sites in order to operate effectively.To set this up:-
- Open your browser, click on Tools and select ‘Internet Options’ from the menu.
This window will open, click on the ‘Security’ tab:
- Click on the green tick – ‘Trusted Sites’, the ‘Sites’ button will then be enabled, click on 'Sites'.
- A new window will open. Un-tick ‘Require server verification (https:) for all sites in sites in this zone’.
- Type in your Adapt URLe.g . http://172.16.x.xx , or your website address e.g. https://c(number).adaptondemand.com/WebAppinto the field ‘Add this website to the zone’. Click ‘Add’. The URL will be added to the list. Click ‘Close’.
Please note this is the example format for your URL, If you are unsure of the correct URL for your Adapt , please refer to your Erecruit representative who will be able to assist you.
- Back in this window, with ‘Trusted Sites’ selected, un-tick 'Enable Protected mode’. Click on ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’.
- After making these changes, you will need to restart internet explorer.
Adapt is not supported when accessing Internet Explorer 11 in Compatibility Mode. To ensure that you have this setting switched off:
- In your browser, go the Tools menu and select ‘Compatibility View Settings’ from the menu.
- This window will open:
Un-tick the 2 the boxes for 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View' and 'Use Microsoft compatibility lists', then click on the ‘Close’ button.
Clearing the cache on Internet Explorer 11
Prior to logging into Adapt for the first time, your browser cache will need to be cleared.
- Click onto the Safety menu.
- Select “Delete Browsing History”.
- Un-tick the option for “Preserve Favourites website data”.
- Click Delete.
A confirmation message will appear.