Apple Macs must be set up with the following specification to work successfully with Adapt:
- Mac OS X – we recommend using the latest version of the Operating System
- 2.53 Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2GB RAM
To check your MAC configuration, select the apple icon, then ‘About this Mac’:
In addition, the following software must be installed to use Adapt and its features:
- Desktop versions of Microsoft Word and Excel (Office 2011 or 2016 for Mac). Please Note Office 365 Web Application versions of Word and Excel are not currently supported for use with Adapt.
Adapt uses an email Client to support external email integration and Adapt add-ins. Users need to have one of the following email accounts to integrate:
- Gmail (using a Chrome browser)
- An Office365 subscription that includes ‘Exchange Online’ (Microsoft subscriptions are required for this). Accounts which currently comply are:
- Office365 Enterprise E1, E3 and E5
- Office365 Business Essentials
- Office365 Business Premium
However please note that Office365 Business Essentials and Office365 Enterprise E1 do not include desktop versions of word and excel.
Internet Browser Requirements
Adapt is currently supported on the following browsers:
- Firefox (with latest updates)
- Google Chrome browser (with latest updates)
We recommend that toolbars such as Google are disabled. The reason for this is that these toolbars have their own pop up blockers and may cause conflicts with Adapt.
Any pop-up blocker installed must be set to allow pop-ups generated by the website used to access Adapt.
The address used to access Adapt should be added to the trusted sites within the browser.
For performance and stability reasons, any anti-virus software present should be set so it does not attempt to scan the website through which Adapt is accessed, nor the plug-in folders it uses. Normally, such software includes a “white list” or “safe site” function for this purpose. For further guidance on this point, please speak to Adapt Support.
If a proxy server is in use within the network, we would strongly suggest modifications are made to allow users to bypass the proxy when accessing Adapt. Most proxy servers, whilst performing their function, will slow down access to any web site.
Installing Adapt Desktop Agent
The latest version of Adapt ADA will be provided to you by Bullhorn to be installed on your Apple Mac. This is a program designed to manage the integration with the user’s desktop word processor and email. It is installed and updated automatically from within Adapt.
When received, launch the application and double click on the installer:
Once installed, you will get the following message:
And the Adapt ADA icon will appear on your menu bar: